2007/06/19

We soon see ourselves

On Friday, one work colleague comes back towards home. His original work place is in the esrf, a big ring constructed in the French alps, close to the Montblanc, in Grenoble. This is a paradisaic place, not far from Switzerland.

Why, today, I am writting something about this colleague? Easy, we is a Tango core writer and during the time that we have coincided here in alba, he has been a reference in development (he will continue being it, but we couldn't go every morning to the bar together). Usually, when I have a doubt on a tango-ds design, I ask Manu about what thinks about the design pattern that I am thinking to use. (And also, I write to one friend and university professor in the UdL; but now I am exalting the figure of Manu :P).

The current design pattern I am using on the tango's device development is the bridge pattern. Depending from many things, the distributed system agent will use one low level protocol or another, but the agent doesn't need to know which one is on use. The agent only needs to know the operations to do, and in the execution time will be solved which low level protocol will be used.

With the bridge pattern, the agent should knows an object that it is an abstraction about the allowed low operations. And is this abstraction the one how knows the internals of how the things are made.

In agreement to the development advance, I will be explaining the design details...

No comments: