2008/11/25

Decentralized mirror multiple repositories

From a long a go I am try to find how to synchronize the contents of, at least two, code repositories. After some tries with software not design to do it, I was illuminated to one correct.

But after know the program who is able to do it, the other point is to know how to say to the program what you want to do. Now I know a little and I write an small howto for one of the usages I want.

One reason for this tool is when I have two repositories where I like to save the sources or when you like to develop for somewhere you only have read access.

In the second case, when you are developing something for a free software project who have a public repository, this repository is only read access for you. Then you should have your repository somewhere else. But a feature to synchronize with the updates on the main branch are need. It's like to have a branch in a different place and you like to have a merge possibility.

The other case is when we have an internal repository, a working copy, and at some point of the development you want to publish something in a public repository.

Many more things can be done with svk, I will check and if I can I will document it.

No comments: