2013/09/25

cloud.sagemath.org

After to follow the coursera's "High Performance Scientific Computing" I've learn about the Amazon Web Services and how to use them. Specially in the hook for new customers with 12 month free tier. I have mention it about a month a go.

I have there some sage sheets that in other alternatives didn't finish the calculation (there is a sheet timeout when there is no activity). With my own installation, I can be aware of when this instance is being crazy and forget this timeout to continue the calculations.

But there is something more with sage in the cloud. Further than install sage in a machine in the cloud, there is a new sage project to take advantage from the cloud: cloud.sagemath.com

I have started using it, not much yet, but I like specially to mention one of the talks than William Stein did:

I recommend this talk very much.

No comments: