2007/08/08

Pogo device server design


Really very often, the Tango-ds developers are using Pogo. This Tango tool is really useful when you are developing a Corba based application to control something inside the tango-cs. Reading this blog, meybe you are able about what I am talking about, in fact this is the blog intention.

As I explain en the last note, I am writing a remote control for oscilloscopes instrumentation. Specifically I have a DPO7254 to be controlled.

First of all, I decide what is important to be controlled from an oscilloscope. What do you think? Mainly, every thing that you can change if you are in front one of this instruments. But, what I need to prioritize!? Ok, in my notebook I wrote:

  • Vertical knobs & buttons
    • Offset, Volts/div, Channels,...
  • Horizontal knobs & buttons
    • Delay, Time/div,...
  • Trigger knobs & buttons
    • Autiomatic, edge, timeout, glitch,...
  • Wavepilot control knobs & buttons
  • load
    • 50Ω, 1MΩ


No comments: