2007/10/23

EU tells open source to start paying MS patent tax

I copy this title from a FFII press release. I cannot understand the position from the EU commission, neither the concrete position from the Commissioner itself. Who is able to imagine why this European instrument (and I need to remark, it is not elected) is not defending our interests. Furthermore, if the patents could be good or not for the industry (that I am not agree on it) who an European citizen likes to facilitate a foreigner company to be payed from us. Ok, maybe this is an European company with roots on USA.

By the way, if the software patents does not exist in Europe; why a company that operates in Europe has to pay a USA patent to another company (this one that I said has roots in the Estates).

Another turn of nut, the royalties about we are talking about works in the way of the interoperability! Ok, then I am understanding the EU commission antitrust measures impose a record fine to M$ and at the same time, this organism allows this company to smother other competitors, and indirectly help to pay the fine.

Some one can explaint to me?

Actualization: I send my questions to the Spanish ffii mail list from where I read the news. In the responses someone sends this link. I don't have work to express my disgust...

No comments: