2008/04/07

Cern LHC Open Seasson

In an hour I'll fly to visit the SLS in Zurich, but before I want to write something of this weekend visit to the Cern Open day. Mainly, if you think this machine is huge, probably you didn't have enough imagination to realize how huge it is. It is impressive, giant.

First of all, we visit the Atlas experiment. but the camera (worst mine, its all an poor) is not able to put everything in a picture. After lunch we went to the CMS, at the other side of the ring. Neither good photos but something to put here.

This detector is really compact and they already have it open, and is perfect for the visitors. You feels really small in front of this machine.

Waiting to collect more photos...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you managed to see both. We had to wait 5 hours to get to see ATLAS by which point all other underground visits were closed!

Your coming to PSI ... business or just a visit to the SLS to see it?

Serguei said...

I'm so sorry, I know that. One open day is a really little time. On Saturday they did a training accepting 4 friends per cern's worker. We was on the queues realizing that next day would be an impossible.

About the PSI, I went there for business. In Alba I'm the controls engineer for two beamlines, and the feedbacks are mandatory.