2008/04/23

La suelta

This morning around 9 zulu in the morning (zulu means Coordinated Universal Time, locally was 11), I flew the instructors leader. I did it more or less like other days but a little bit nervous because this instructors was flew with me to evaluate if I am already able to fly alone.

After 4 touch and go, the tower calls as to say this will be last one because other traffics wait to do the same maneuver. This instructor ask the tower if can be possible to land brings himself down because the pilot student is able to practice one circuit alone. The tower was agree...

After land, back to Romeo 2, Carles (the instructor) says me 'bye, bye', then I say to the tower 'Echo Romeo Victor, listo para rodadura'. Tower: 'Roger, Echo Romeo Victor, ruede a punto de espera 13'.

Two other traffics was on the wait point, and when I was ready I said to the tower and wait for permision. When my torn arrives: '
Echo Romeo Victor, después del tráfico en salida entre y mantenga detras', then 'después del tráfico en salida, entrar y mantener detras, Echo Romeo Victor'. And just before stop in the line radio says 'Echo Romeo Victor, viento calma, con precedente que mantendrá en circuito, autorizado a despegar 13'; where is the moment 'con precedente a la vista, autorizado a despegar 13, Echo Romeo Victor': full engine and at 60kt rotation speed and go to the air flying alone...

First, cross wind then tail wind, apply the pre-landing procedure and notify the tower that I'm turning left to base 'con precedente a la vista'. 75kt watching the landing way on my left. Turn left to final approach, control the landing way and my air speed. A second flap point is required but the landing
maneuver was fine. Free way to the tower and came back to Romeo 2. Carles was there waiting for me to ask my impresions: simply incredible! Really nice! He gives me the suelta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude! Congratulations!!!
Now, you're able to pilot a F-16 ;)
By the way, when you says "towel", do you mean tower???

Have a good fly!

Serguei said...

F16 is one of the fighters with only one engine but 'my one' the engine is not a reactor, it have simply an helix powered by an atmospheric motor...

About the towel, I already get out the shower and the words are changed... Merci