2007/09/21

DESY - Petra III

One more synchrotron in the Tango comunity!

This week we had the Tango Meeting in
desy (Hamburg), mainly because one of the synchrotrons that they have is under a refactoring process and it will be controlled by Tango: Petra III. Their main characteristic that they say is that they will have the most brilliant x-ray source, as they say 100keV... (if I am not wrong, where in alba, we will have 65keV in the highest energy beamline).

The importance of this brilliance, depends only to the experiments. There are experiments that needs to be performed on a low energy beamline. Ones who at most they use a few thousands of eV. the value that claims more my attenction reading the petra web is that they have a 2'3km (storage) ring. Remember esrf have 844 perimeter meters. But I could not read anything about the electron energy that petra's will work.

Actualization: I am trying to find the storage ring energy that this Petra III will have, but the information that I have now is that Spring-8 have more brilliant high x-ray.

Actualization: Finally I found this value, and others, the Petra III synchrotron will work at 6 GeV.

No comments: